Phrasal Verb of the Day
➡ Go off
▪ If a bomb or a firework goes off, it explodes.
▪ After the bomb went off, we heard lots of people screaming and shouting.
▪ Stan had some serious burns on his hands after some powerful fireworks went off while he was carrying them
Idiom of the Day
➡ Can’t see the wood for the trees
▪ If you can’t see the wood for the trees, you can’t see the whole situation clearly because you’re looking too closely at small details, or because you’re too closely involved.
✔ For example:
▪ I don’t think we can see the wood for the trees at this stage, so let’s get an outsider to take a look at the project and give us a progress report.
▪ Marcus is so focused on product details that he can’t see the wood for the trees when it comes to the overall needs of the company.