➡ What is Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Scheme
▪ It is scheme implemented by Health Ministry to provide free health check-ups to pregnant women at government health centres and hospitals in both rural and urban areas.
▪ The national programme aims to provide pregnant ladies free ante-natal services (ANC) and required treatment for free on 9th of every month.
➡ Objectives of PMSMA Scheme
➖ Provide healthy life to the pregnant women.
➖ Lowering the maternity mortality rate.
➖ Making pregnant women aware of their health issues and diseases.
➖ Making sure safe delivery and healthy life of the baby.
▪ Beneficiary: The scheme is applicable only for pregnant women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months.
▪Facilities: The scheme provides all kinds of medical checkups completely free to pregnant women. These checkups take place at medical centres, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country.
▪ These free of cost tests includes blood pressure, sugar level, weight, haemoglobin test, blood test and screening.
▪Colour Coding: Women will be marked differently using different colour stickers based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem.
▪ Different colour stickers will be Red Sticker for Serious patients, Blue Sticker for High blood pressure and Yellow Sticker for Other diseases.