➡ LPG Panchayat hosted by President at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
▪ President Ram Nath Kovind hosted an ‘LPG Panchayat at Rashtrapati BhavanIt was organised by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (PMUY).
▪ The LPG Panchayat aims to provide a platform for LPG consumers to interact with each other, promote mutual learning and share experiences.
▪ LPG Panchayat LPG Panchayat serves as interactive platform between those who received LPG cylinders under PMUY.
▪ One panchayat has around 100 LPG customers of nearby areas. The panchayats discuss issues such as safe practices, quality of service provided by distributors and availability of refill cylinders.
▪ LPG Panchayat aims at spreading awareness among LPG users about how to properly use clean fuel and its useful benefits.
▪ It provides platform to trigger discussion through sharing of personal experiences on benefits of use of clean fuel compared to traditional fuels like cow dung, charcoal or wood.
▪ It bring together about 100 beneficiaries of PMUY of area and create an interactive platform to discuss safe and sustainable usage of LPG, its benefits and linkages between using clean fuel and empowering women as their health risks are reduced.
▪ It also includes safe practices, quality of service provided by distributors and availability of refill cylinders.
▪ It also connects with beneficiaries of PMUY to resolve issues and wrong traditional beliefs among people through officials of oil PSUs, NGOs, Asha workers and social workers Under it.
▪ One lakh LPG Panchayats will be activated across country to deal of LPG as well as discuss its various benefits on environment, health and how it empowers women.