➡ What is Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative
▪ The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative to strengthen cybersecurity ecosystem in India in line Government’s vision for a ‘Digital India’.
▪ It was launched in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
➡ Know about Cyber Surakshit Bharat
▪ Cyber Surakshit Bharat is first public-private partnership of its kind. It will leverage the expertise of the IT industry in cybersecurity. The founding partners include leading IT companies such as Microsoft, Intel, WIPRO, Redhat and Dimension Data. Its knowledge partners include Cert-In, NIC, NASSCOM and FIDO Alliance and premier consultancy firms Deloitte and EY.
▪ Objective: Spread awareness about cybercrime and building capacity for safety measures for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT staff across all government departments.
▪ Operations: It will be operated on three principles of awareness, education and enablement. It will include an awareness program on importance of cybersecurity. It will also include a series of workshops on the best practices and enablement of the officials with cybersecurity health tool kits to manage and mitigate cyber threats.
▪ Training programmes: It will conduct series of training programmes across country in the next six months. It will be attended by CISOs and technical officials from central government, state governments and UTs, PSBs, PSUs and defence forces, defence PSUs and technical arms of Air Force, Army and Navy.