1. Which party emerged as the third largest party in the recently declared results of General Election 2014 ?
(A) Indian National Congress (B) Bahujan Samaj Party
(C) AIADMK (D) Trinamool Congress (Ans : C)
2. Who is the current Cabinet Minister of Human Resource Development Ministry in GOI (as on 19 Oct., 2014) ?
(A) Maneka Gandhi (B) Sushri Uma Bharati
(C) Dr. Najma A. Heptulla (D) Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani (Ans : D)
3. Name the State that recently launched ‘Amma Salt’ under the social welfare scheme in the State ?
(A) Goa (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Kerala (D) West Bengal (Ans : B)
4. Which important parallel of latitude passes through the middle of India?
(A) Tropic of Cancer (B) Tropic of Capricorn
(C) Arctic Circle (D) Antarctic Circle (Ans : A)
5. What does ‘Vitamin K’ do ?
(A) Assists in blood cloting (B) Converts fat to muscle
(C) Produces serotonin (D) None of these (Ans : A)
6. Which of the following diseases are transmitted from one person to another?
1. AIDS 2. Cirrhosis 3. Hepatitis B 4. Syphilis
Select the correct answer using the code given below–
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4 (B) 1, 3 and 4 only
(C) 1 and 2 only (D) 2, 3 and 4 only (Ans : B)
7. In a common pencil what does ‘HB’ stand for?
(A) Heavy Bound (B) Hard Black (C) Harry Brown (D) Heavy Bold (Ans : B)
8. Who killed the Sikh Guru Arjun Dev?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Babur (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : D)
9. Which Article of the Constitution explains Equality before the Law?
(A) Article 10 (B) Article 14 (C) Article 18 (D) Article 156 (Ans : B)
10. Who was the elected President of Constituent Assembly?
(A) Dr. Sachidanand Sinha (B) Rajendra Prasad
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru (D) B. R. Ambedkar (Ans : B)
11. ‘Sharda Act’ deals with–
(A) Widow Remarriage (B) Child Marriage
(C) Inter-caste Marriage (D) Polygamy (Ans : B)
12. Maximum strength of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively are–
(A) 542 and 250 (B) 552 and 250 (C) 542 and 275 (D) 540 and 240 (Ans : B)
13. What does ‘AC and DC’ stand for in the electrical field ?
(A) Atlantic City and District of Columbia
(B) Alternating Current and Direct Current
(C) A Rock Band from Australia
(D) Averagem Current and Discharged Capacitor (Ans : B)
14. Match the manufacturing units with their locations–
(a) Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (b) Integral Coach Factory
(c) Wheel and Axle Plant (d) Rail Coach Factory
1. Tamilnadu 2. Punjab 3. West 8engal 4. Karnataka
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 4 1 2
(B) 2 1 4 3
(C) 3 1 4 2
(D) 3 1 2 4 (Ans : C)
15. Who is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Defence?
(A) General (B) Chief of defence staff
(C) President of India (D) Prime Minister of India (Ans : C)
16. The splitting of different colours of light in prism is called–
(A) Refraction of light (B) Diffraction of light
(C) Dispersion of light (D) Reflection of light (Ans : C)
17. Optical fiber works on the principle of–
(A) Scattering (B) Interference (C) Total internal reflection (D) Refraction (Ans : C)
18. What is the first element on the Periodic Table?
(A) Hydrogen (B) Oxygen (C) Nitrogen (D) Carbon (Ans : A)
19. Which of the following is the chief constituent of vinegar?
(A) Oxalic acid (B) Formic acid (C) Citric acid (D) Acetic acid (Ans : D)
20. UNESCO stand for–
(A) United Nations Environment, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(B) United Nations Educational, Social and Cultural Organization
(C) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(D) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Children Organization (Ans : C)
21. The statue of ‘Gomateshwara’ at Sravanabelagola was built by–
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Kharvela
(C) Amoghavarsha (D) Chamundaraya (Ans : D)
22. Which one of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched ?
(Dam/Lake to River)–
(A) Govind Sagar Lake – Sutlej
(B) Kolleru Lake – Cauvery
(C) Ukai Reservoir – Tapti
(D) Wullar Lake – Jhelum (Ans : B)
23. Which one of the following rivers does NOT originate in India?
(A) Beas (B) Chenab (C) Ravi (D) Sutlej (Ans : D)
24. In India the period of the monsoon season starts and ends between the months of–
(A) March to September (B) May to December
(C) June to September (D) None of these (Ans : C)
25. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists–
(Geographic feature to Country)
(a) Great Victoria Desert (b) Grand Canyon
(c) Lake Winnipeg (d) Southern Alps
List-II 1. Australia 2. Canada 3. New Zealand 4. USA
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 4 3
(B) 1 4 2 3
(C) 3 2 4 1
(D) 3 4 2 1 (Ans : B)
26. With whose permission did the English set up their first factory in Surat?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Shah Jahan (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : B)
27. Name the galaxy in which the Earth is a planet of ?
(A) Andromeda (B) Ursa Major (C) Ursa Minor (D) Milky Way (Ans : D)
28. India occupied which place in terms of largest economy in the recent World Bank Report in Purchasing Power Parity?
(A) Third Largest Economy (B) Fourth Largest Economy
(C) Fifth Largest Economy (D) Second Largest Economy (Ans : A)
29. Name the bank that was included in the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Act, 1934 or 21 May, 2014.
(A) Neelachal Gramya Bank (B) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
(C) Chikmagalur Kodagu Grameena Bank (D) Purvanchal Gramin Bank (Ans : B)
30. Name the winner of 2014 Wimbledon Tennis Open in Men’s Singles Category.
(A) Roger Federer (B) Novak Djokovic (C) Noah Rubin (D) Vasek (Ans : B)
31. The Kabaddi League Team which won the inaugural STAR Pro- Kabaddi League Tournament is ?
(A) U Mumba (B) Patna Pirates (C) Jaipur Pink Panthers (D) Telugu Titans (Ans : C)
32. Name the Indian who on 28 April, 2014 won the prestigious Gold-man Environmental Prize for the year 2014 that is commonly called as the Green Nobel.
(A) Helen Holden (B) Ramesh Agrawal
(C) Rudi Putra (D) Suren Gazaryan (Ans : B)
33. Who is the author of the immortal Indian epic poem “Mahabharata” ?
(A) Sage Veda Vyasa (B) Sage Valmiki
(C) Sage Vasishta (D) Sage Yagnavalkya (Ans : A)
34. What is considered as the traditional ancient name of the “Hindu” religion?
(A) Sanatana Dharma (B) Puratana Dharma (C) Vaishnavism (D) Shaivism (Ans : A)
35. Music Director R. D. Burman is also known as–
(A) Rocky (B) Pancham (C) Chichi (D) Chintu (Ans : B)
36. Which film got the highest number of awards in different categories in the IIFA Awards 2014?
(A) Chennai Express (B) Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
(C) Shaadike Side Effects (D) Aashiqui 2 (Ans : B)
37. The longest bone in the human body is–
(A) Stapes (B) Humerus (C) Ulna (D) Femur (Ans : D)
38. White Blood Cells acts in which manner?
(A) As a defence against infection (B) A source of energy
(C) For clotting blood (D) As a medium for oxygen transport from lung to tissues (Ans : A)
39. India’s Permanent Research Station ‘Dakshin Gangotri’ is located at–
(A) Antarctica (B) Indian Ocean (C) Himalayas (D) Arabian Sea (Ans : A)
40. Solar energy is generated due to–
(A) Fusion reactions (B) Fission reactions
(C) Combustion reactions (D) Chemical reactions (Ans : A)
41. ‘Al-Beruni’ the famous traveller came to India during the reign of–
(A) Mohamrnad-bin-Tughlak (B) Ghyasuddin Tughlak
(C) Feroz Shah Tughlak (D) Allauddin Khilzi (Ans : *)
42. What is the retirement age of Supreme Court Judge?
(A) 60 years (B) 62 years (C) 65 years (D) 68 years (Ans : C)
43. Which Temple dedicated to the Sun-God is shaped like a Chariot?
(A) Sun Temple, Konark (B) Lotus Temple, New Delhi
(C) Surya Pahar Temple, Assam (D) Jagannath Temple, Puri (Ans : A)
44. Which among the following is the least populated State in India?
(A) Sikkim (B) Goa (C) Manipur (D) Mizoram (Ans : A)
45. ‘Zero Hour’ in the parliament begins from ?
(A) 10 am (B) 12 Noon (C) 1 pm (D) 11 am (Ans : B)
46. Who is the current Chairperson of National Commission for Woman?
(A) Manjulatha Kalanidhi (B) Mamta Sharma
(C) Lalitha Kumaramangalam (D) Mohini Giri (Ans : C)
47. What is the name of American Journalist killed by ISIS-a terrorist organization?
(A) James Anderson (B) James Foley
(C) William Hague (D) David Cawthorne Haines (Ans : B)
48. Name the Scheme launched by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi to help the poor open bank accounts?
(A) Pradhan Mantri Dhan Jan Yojana (B) Pradhan Mantri Bank Yojana
(C) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (D) Gramin Samridhi Yojana (Ans : C)
49. Who has never been the “Leader of Opposition” in Lok Sabha ?
(A) Rajiv Gandhi (B) Sonia Gandhi
(C) Atal Bihari Vajpayee (D) Arun Jaitley (Ans : D)
50. Rashtrapati Nilayam (President’s Place) is located at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Kolkata (C) Shimla (D) Hyderabad (Ans : D)
51. The non-permanent members of the Security Council are elected for a period of–
(A) Two years (B) One years (C) Three years (D) Four years (Ans : A)
52. The members of the Rajya Sabha are elected by–
(A) Elected members of the Legislative Council (B) The people
(C) Lok Sabha (D) Elected members of the Legislative Assembly (Ans : D)
53. Who presides over the meetings of Lok Sabha ?
(A) Prime Minister (B) President (C) Vice President (D) Speaker (Ans : D)
54. Who is the current Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha ?
(A) Jaswant Singh (B) Ghulam Nabi Azad
(C) Arun Jaitley (D) Manmohan Singh (Ans : B)
55. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was called as ‘Mahatma’ by–
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (B) Motilal Nehru
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru (D) Rabindra Nath Tagore (Ans : D)
56. Who of the following assassinated Michael O’Dwyer, the Governor of Punjab responsible for the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre?
(A) Udham Singh (B) Khudiram Bose
(C) Madanlal Dhinqra (D) Ramprasad Bismil (Ans : A)
57. Times of India’ media Company was founded by–
(A) Bennett, Coleman and Company (B) A. H. Wheeler
(C) Goenka (D) G. D. Birla (Ans : A)
58. The members of Panchayats are–
(A) Nominated by the district officer (B) Elected by electorates of respective territorial constituencies
(C) Nominated by local self govt. minister (D) Nominated by BDO (Ans : B)
59. ‘World Environmental Day’ is celebrated on–
(A) 2 June (B) 3 June (C) 4 June (D) 5 June (Ans : D)
60. In which State is the religious festival ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ celebrated with great enthusiasm?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Gujarat (C) Maharashtra (D) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : C)